Sunday, April 23, 2006

Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda

This wil be brief as I'm away from my computer, but a few a thoughts on the Bulls-Heat Game One...

- Not a bad loss for da Bulls. It was tight till the end, and if not for some horrible decisions/turnovers, it could have been won. It should serve as a confident boost going into Game Two, which would be great to win.

- Where was Luo Deng, baby? I was a bit peeved at Scott Skiles for not playing Deng more. Drove me nuts, actually. Skiles' substitution patterns kill me sometimes. As soon as Deng steps on the floor he's always one of the most active and influential players. He makes things happen. He needs more minutes. Please.

- Who was to blame for that awful inbounds play with 18 seconds left? Down three and Andres Nocioni fired an ultra-quick three pointer from the inbounds pass...and missed. Was that a Skiles design to shoot so fast? Or was it on Nocioni? Either way, the Bulls need to show more smarts and composure in crunch time than that. I know they're young, but come on.

- I have to find a pic of Joey Crawford when he tossed Udonis Haslem. That was hysterical. Few things give me such joy as a ref/ump emphatically tossing a dude.

- What's up with Dwyane Wade's knee? He left the game looking quite ginger.

- Ben Gordon? Money.

- Kirk Hinrich needs to stay in control. No crazy "up in the air with nowhere to go" shit.

All in all, it was a winnable game and that's important. The Bulls can steal game two and come back to Chitown tied at a game apiece. It can be done.

Here we go now.

Seattle is cool. I really need to consider moving somewhere with mountains viewable at all times. There is something calming about it. True story: My bro picked me up from the airport and, literally, exactly as we merged onto a highway, some dude on a bike pulled up right next to us and, while doing about 70-80 mph, popped a wheelie and rode like that for a good quarter of a mile. Dude was insane. In the middle of the afternoon. In traffic. On a highway. There are obviously some loons here and I like that. I was here five minutes and saw THAT? Nice.

Pale Hose will be arriving tomorrow. Another win yesterday behind Freddy Garcia. That's 11 of 12.

 
albert szent-gyorgyi blog powered by blogger.com
Design by fashion