Monday, April 10, 2006

Maggie Dixon



I'm a few days late to this, but what a shame the passing of Maggie Dixon is. 28 years old? Out of the blue?

Admittedly, I knew nothing about Dixon before she passed. So I had no idea that she was an assistant at DePaul for five years before moving to Army. I'm far from knowledgable on women's hoops, but I do know that the Blue Demons are always good and went to the Sweet Sixteen this past season. I know I've always liked Doug Bruno. I know the Demons have several local kids. I know the vibes are always set on good.

I had no idea Dixon had been part of that goodness for several years. And she had apparently brought some of that goodness with her to Army, whom she had just guided to the NCAA tourney for the first time ever in just her first season.

Sad.



Washington's Patrick Beverly continues to see his star rise, including over the weekend at Sonny Vaccaro's Roundball Classic at the United Center. I'm disappointed to hear his college choices have been narrowed down to Michigan and Arkansas. Things may have soured with Illinois, for whatever reason, but Beverly would look great in a DePaul uniform.

Or in a UIC uniform. OK, I'm dreaming.

 
albert szent-gyorgyi blog powered by blogger.com
Design by fashion