Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Hot


Another great win for the Bulls last night, meaning that after standing at 29-39 in March, they're now back to 40-41. Nice recovery.

After trailing most of the game, including by 16 in the third quarter, they came back to beat the red-hot Magic 116-112 in overtime. Not only had the Magic won eight in a row (and 12 straight at home), but the Bulls finished a back-to-back sweep in Florida over Easter weekend, which can't be easy. They have now won five in a row and 11 of 13.

As is the Bulls wont, each game's biggest performance continues to rotate. Last night it was Kirk Hinrich with 26 points and 10 assists, though Andres Nocioni, Luol Deng, and Ben Gordon also continued their hot stretches. If there was a downside, it was a lack of production from Tyson Chandler and Michael Sweetney inside. Granted, Dwight Howard is a beast to deal with, but I'd like to see more from those guys.

Incidentally, I may or may not have mentioned this before, but I'm a huge fan of the NBA's habit of teams wearing retro uniforms. I love when some random ABA team (the Memphis Pros, anyone?) pops up out of nowhere, for instance. My favorites are probably the old Nets uniforms the old 76ers duds. That said, the retro unis the Bulls wear - the old Stags unis from the '40s - well, let's just say I'm not feeling them. When the shorts and jerseys aren't the same color, it just throws me off. Maybe they'll grow on me.

Whatever. If the Bulls win, it all looks beautiful as far as I'm concerned.

I'll be honest. I have no idea how all the tiebreakers work in the jumbled Eastern Conference where the Bulls, Wizards, Pacers and Bucks can all finish anywhere between the fifth and eighth seeds. All the Bulls can do is beat Toronto at the United Center on Wednesday and let the chips fall where they may from there.

Here we go now.

 
albert szent-gyorgyi blog powered by blogger.com
Design by fashion