Thursday, April 20, 2006

The Heat It Is


You know, last night as I watched the Bulls dismantle Toronto, I really began to wonder how much stock can be put into Kobe's 81-point performance if only because I can't help the feeling that I could go for at least 40 on the Raptors. Good lord, I've seen tougher defense in a game of HORSE.

In all seriousness, going for 81 on the Raptors when you're pretty much the only offensive option isn't as impressive as it sounds. Yeah, yeah, yeah, scoring 81 is always impressive, but it's clear the Raptors have very little pride. Either that, Or they just like getting the ball back as soon as possible and view that entire annoying defense thing as a nuisance.

So anyway, it's all set. The Bulls will open the playoffs at Miami on Saturday night with ESPN giving the game "Full Circle" treatment. I have no idea what that means, but it sounds serious. I'm assuming it means Screamin' A Smith will be prominently involved, so you have fair warning.

If you're in the Chicago area, a Bulls fan, and in anyway whatsoever have connections to South Side native Dwyane Wade, I suggest you call to ask for tickets, wish him well, or threaten to kidnap his wife and kid. A distracted Wade can only be good for the Bulls.

My intitial pick? Bulls in six.

 
albert szent-gyorgyi blog powered by blogger.com
Design by fashion