Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Tonight's Likes

Heat (+6) at Pistons
Hey, remember a few weeks back when I said I didn't like the Heat anymore and that Pat Riley is overrated? Well, I take it back. And I was wrong. They were playing the Bulls and I was very emotional. It happens.

I like the Heat again. It was never going to be a long time before I got backing to liking a team that features Shaquille O'Neal and Dwayne Wade. More importantly, any team that toys with the Pistons is A-OK in my book.

This Pistons team is beginning to remind me of the 1991 Pistons who were swept out of the playoffs by the up-and-coming Bulls. You keep thinking they're going to fight back because they're so good, or at least had been so good, but they never do. They continue to look lifeless. Rasheed Wallace's act isn't so funy anymore when he's getting his butt whooped, and Flip Saunders is looking exactly like the coach with the third-worst road playoff record in NBA histoy, which he is.

Personally, I'd love to see the Heat give the Pistons one last beatdown tonight.

And next year the Central Division belongs to the Bulls.

May record: 18-16

 
albert szent-gyorgyi blog powered by blogger.com
Design by fashion