Thursday, May 18, 2006

Leinart an Airhead?


The Arizona Carinals have asked Matt Leinart to tone down his Hollywood act. How weird is this considering he was almost drafted by the Jets where he would have been practically expected to be the second coming of Joe Namath in the Big Apple? Instead he's being asked to be prudent in Phoenix.

Paris Hilton’s new sweetie has been warned to do something that might be difficult: stay out of the spotlight. New Arizona Cardinal quarterback and former USC star Matt Leinart was warned by his team that if he’s serious about football, he shouldn’t be photographed out late at night dancing and drinking with his partying heiress girlfriend, according to the Star. “Matt took it very seriously,” a source told the tab, “almost to the point of tears.”


On the one hand, this seems like more brainless buffoonery from the Cards, and who would expect anything less from the NFL's best comedy act? I can just imagine Bill Bidwell, that failure of failures, sitting in a dark office, surrounded by lackeys, smoking a cigar, stuck in a different era, and demanding that Leinart not embarrass his franchise - as if Bidwell's run in charge of the team hasn't been embarrassing enough. It would be just like Bidwell to fail to recognize that for the first time in a long time the Cards actually have some star power. I mean, when was the last time the Cards had a legitimate star? Ever? I'm sure Dan Dierdorf thought he was the shit in the 70's, but the Cards have had a serious lack of wattage. So why try to dim Leinart's light?

On the other hand, I'm worried about Leinart. When I saw footage of ESPN's cameras following him around in the weeks prior to the draft, I was a bit shocked at how, well, how dumb Leinart came off. He had a consistently dim grin on his face and he spoke of how he didn't like getimg up early and how working out was a chore. In other words, he came off as a big slacker who was enjoying his run in the spotlight just a little too much. Now, I don't want to begrudge a young guy from having a good time while the going is good, but the "eye of the tiger" seemed to be missing. Or so I wondered. Who knows?

But when I heard that Leinart was dating Paris Hilton, I became legitimately concerned about his mental capacity and his future in general. I know it sounds harsh, but when I find out a dude is dating the mental equivalent of a rock such as Hilton, it immediately changes my view of said dude. Maybe that isn't right, and I apologize, but it's true. Any dude who dates Hilton, to me, needs to be looked at very carefully. I mean, dating? This isn't like a one-night thing where Leinart was seen leaving her apartment after getting his. That would have been fine. More power to him. No, this has been going on for a while now.

And to think of all the other tail out there Leinart could be shagging. The mind boggles.

Listen, Hilton is a dumb, vacant, spoiled bitch and Leinart's apparent infatuation with such a bimbo changes my view of him. It just does. Maybe this means nothing. Maybe Leinart is the next John Elway. But for now, I'm worried. As if the mere fact that Leinart has been vanquished to NFL purgatory in the desert wasn't a bad enough precursoe of things to come, he's showing horrible sense and taste. Horrible. If I'm a Cardinals fan, and there are probably a few out there, I'd be very concerned.

 
albert szent-gyorgyi blog powered by blogger.com
Design by fashion