Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I'm Officially a Fan

The Northwestern soccer team hazing incident continues to grab the headlines here in Chitown, proving that college chicks in their underwear always makes good copy. Geez, a few pictures of nubile college freshmen getting freaky in their skivies get out and all of a sudden - BAM! - it's like Hitler has just been found alive.

Hazing isnt necessarily the evil deed that the powers that be at Northwestern are making it. Of course, like everything else, there are degrees. Sodomizing a freshman with a broomstick handle in the back of the bus on the way home from a game? Bad, very bad. Forcing people to drink fifths of liquor? Dumb.

Freshmen prancing around in their underwear and knee high socks (which were a nice touch, by the way) while chugging beer? Good ole all-American fun.

I understand that Northwestern wants to present the image of it being stern and just, but suspending the season because the team had a little fun is absurd. They were enjoying themselves and nobody was hurt, and have been quoted saying as much. I see a lot of smiles in those pics. (But then, I'd be smiling too if I was there.)

I mean, what about this photo doesn't scream, "Hell, Yeah"?



Or this one?



The only shocker here is that Kyle Orton didn't appear in these pics. Wasted.

All I know is that I'm now officially a fan. To be honest, I have no idea how good the Northwestern girls have been, but I'm keeping tabs now. And if they win any titles, all I ask is that photos of the celebration party are provided.

 
albert szent-gyorgyi blog powered by blogger.com
Design by fashion