Sunday, June 4, 2006

Happy Birthday, Angelina


Today is June 4 and it is Angelina Jolie's birthday.

Normally, any mention of Jolie, both a beauty and a humanitarian, would be welcome. Especially if it was accompanied by a picture. But not anymore. Not since Angelina decided she wanted to grow up and be a mom and get serious with Brad Pitt and probably even remove a tatoo or two.

Now a mere mention of Angelina only reminds me of what could have been. Of what should have been. The world was meant to be a certain way and this isn't it.

You see, my birthday was yesterday and when I first fell helplessly in love with Angelina I thought that our back-to-back birthdays were a sure sign that we were meant to be together. We would meet and that would be that. There were so many stories of how Angelina was a man-eater and sexually crazy and a bit altogether loony and I was supposed to be the dude who settled her down (just a little) and she would get me my first tatoo. Looking back, maybe that was farfetched. A pipe dream. But Angelina and I are both geminis, sign of the twins. We are all looking for our twin, but geminis moreso, and Angelina was mine.

I guess I was wrong.

Or maybe I was right and Pitt is fucking things up.

Other famous geminis: Bob Dylan, Ralph Waldo Emerson, JFK, Clint Eastwood, Joe Namath, Marilyn Monroe, Allen Ginsberg, Prince, Johnny Depp, Joe Montana

 
albert szent-gyorgyi blog powered by blogger.com
Design by fashion