Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Primadonovan

With the Fire and Galaxy getting set to clash in the final of the U.S. Open Cup on Wednesday night I figure this is as good a time as any to make fun of Landon Donovan. But then, when isn't it a good time to make fun of Donovan? You may think that's mean-spirited or unecessarily cruel, but hey, look at this way: At least if Donovan is being made fun of, it's sort of humorous. And if we couldn't look at Donovan in a humorous light, well, we'd be reduced to downright bashing the guy. Everybody else does.

I mean, I could go on yet another tirade defining Donovan as all that is wrong with the U.S. national team. (He is. Do you honestly want to build a team around a dude who disappears in the big games faster than Matt Millen screwing up a draft pick? Good luck with that.) Or I could argue that he is the most overrated American soccer player ever. (It pains me to think that he's probably the most recognizable American soccer player to the average, non-soccer following American sports fan. Ugh.) Or I could ridicule him for refusing to man up and play in Europe, choosing instead to hang out on the sunny beaches of Cali wasting away his prime years in MLS. (Reason 1A his role on the national team should be severely reduced.) Or I could poke fun at his shiny, prematurely balding dome or his embarrassingly high-pitched munchkin voice. (Always makes me chuckle.)

No, instead of the mean-spirited stuff I'll simply leave you with this funny pic and a smile. (Oh, and here's hoping the Fire runs him over tomorrow night.)

 
albert szent-gyorgyi blog powered by blogger.com
Design by fashion