Thursday, September 28, 2006

NFL Overseas


No, really. This many people actually came to see the Cards and Niners. Crazy Mexicans.


The NFL is considering playing more games - more regular season games - in foreign countries. I guess this is what happens when you plant more than 100,000 asses in the seats of the magnificent Azteca Stadium for last year's - ahem - riveting tilt between the Cardinals and 49ers in la Ciudad de Mejeeco.

I can't say I blame the NFL. A franchise could probably thrive in Canada, Germans love the game, judging by the way nearly every European franchise seems to end up there, and with however many billion people it has, I'm thinking China could pack a stadium.

How about a game in Bagdad? (Hey, I'm trying to think outside the box here.)

 
albert szent-gyorgyi blog powered by blogger.com
Design by fashion