Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Gambling 2K8: Chapter 63 (Diet Rite Edition)


Something to chew on before I reveal Tuesday's Vickers selection:

Remember Diet Rite Cola, the beverage from the 80's that nobody ever drank? Well, how about this: It's still around. I ain't joking, neither. The other day I found myself waiting for an elevator in downtown Cincinnati when I recognized a few vending machines, and sure enough, one of them prominently featured a giant Diet Rite can. And it's not like this thing has been there for twenty years; it was shiny and new (but with what appeared to be the same old boring logo). You might not find this interesting - in fact, I can guarantee you don't - but, as a child of the 80's...this blows my mind. This would be the equivalent to seeing a goddamn Yugo drive down the street.

One more thought about Diet Rite: Why no Rite Cola? Not to sound like a low-rent Jerry Seinfeld or anything, but it seems to me that if you're going to have a Diet Rite Cola, you'd have a Rite Cola, as well.

Anyway, Tuesday night's Vickers...

Tennessee Grizzly Bears of the NBA (+7) vs. Chris Paul is better than me

-Brad Spieser (Brad@TwinKilling.com)
12/16/08

 
albert szent-gyorgyi blog powered by blogger.com
Design by fashion