Thursday, October 12, 2006

Cory Lidle, 1972-2006


What a crazy, shocking and sad story.

I must admit, I didn't know much about Cory Lidle before this year. He was simply one of those journeymen names you see floating around baseball in fantasy drafts and box scores. I didn't even know what he looked like until this past spring when I drafted him for my fantasy team in the late, late rounds. He was one of those guys who, after quickly looking at his stats, you select just hoping that maybe he can help you out, but you're not expecting much. I ended up dumping him about midway through the season and didn't think of him again until he was traded to the Yankees. I remember laughing because I figured the Yanks were further stocking their mediocre pitching staff with another very mediocre pitcher, which made me happy. I hate the Yankees.

Anyway, sorry to interject my fantasy perspective but that's all I really know about Lidle. By all accounts, however, he was a good guy and solid teammate. Godspeed to his family and friends. I've always figured if you're going to go out then you might as well go out doing something you love, and Lidle ws allegedly in love with flying airplanes. So there's always that. I suppose.

 
albert szent-gyorgyi blog powered by blogger.com
Design by fashion